April 18 2018
Article 1. Definition of Personal Information
In this Policy, Personal Information shall mean personal information defined under the Japan Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
We may also collect the above Personal Information from third parties who have your consent to pass your Personal Information to us.
We obtain certain types of information by using technologies to collect information such as cookies and web beacons when your Web browser accesses ONU or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of ONU on other web sites. Please refer to Article 7 about the cookies.
Article 2. Purpose of Personal Information Usage
We may collect, store and /or use Personal Information and your transactional record in order to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our services, and develop new products and services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by ONU and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of ONU and others;
- Personalize and improve our services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we collect about you;
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected; and
- Any relevant purpose for operation of ONU
We may entrust your Personal Information in whole or in part to third parties to fulfil the purpose herein stated. In such case, we take measures to manage the third parties, such as by entering into agreements with contractors regarding the handling of personal information.
Article 3. Permitted Disclosure of Personal Information to third parties
We will not disclose Personal Information to third parties without prior consent of you unless:
- it is required by applicable law and /or enforcement of laws and regulations;
- it is transferred by any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business is acquired or controlled by another company;
- it is necessary for the preservation of life, body or property, and the relevant consent(s) cannot easily obtained; or
- the handling of Personal Information has been entrusted in whole or in part to such third parties, whether it is located in Japan or other countries within the scope of necessary to fulfill the purpose of use.
We may share your Personal Information with foreign and/or domestic affiliates which are listed on the webpage (http://www.toabo.co.jp/index.html) (“Affiliates”) without prior consent as we conduct our services together with Affiliates. In case we use Personal Information together with Affiliates, we shall use within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of usage stated in Article 2 and shall bear any responsibility and liability resulting from any shared use of Personal Information by way of our chief privacy officer.
Article 4. Social Sharing Features
We may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on ONU with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features. We shall not be responsible and liable for any loss or damage you may suffer caused by your sharing action by such social sharing features and other integrated tools.
Article 5. Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Article 6. Security
We take reasonable security measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of Personal Information.
Article 7. Your Choices・Cookies
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our services.
You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from ONU by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Article 8. Contact Us
If you would like to access, amend or delete your Personal Information, Please contact HISASHI ITO (firstname.lastname@example.org). Upon receipt of request for access, amend or deletion of use of Personal Information, we will promptly respond to such request upon confirming the identity of the person through prescribed procedures.
Our privacy protection manager is Toshiya Inoue (email@example.com).